This popular herb that is used as a natural remedy for various health issues is one of the herbs commonly recommended on how to fix tinnitus naturally. Known by various names such as Greek hay, methi, foenu greek, fenigreek, etc, the parts of this plant that are used for healing are the seeds. It belongs to the same family as peas and beans.
Why herbs for tinnitus?
Except with very few types of tinnitus, the exact cause can be difficult to determine which is why there is currently no cure for tinnitus. There are many conventional and alternative therapies that can work to reduce the symptoms of tinnitus but once you stop using whatever treatment, tinnitus will return with a vengeance.
This is why using herbs may be one of the best ways on how to fix tinnitus. Herbs unlike medications or other therapies do not just feature one active ingredient. While the full makeup of herbs may be very hard to determine, what is understood is that the multitude of active ingredients in herbs can work together synergistically to relieve whatever ailment you have.
While it can be difficult to determine the root cause of tinnitus in order to find an effective way on how to fix tinnitus, herbs may actually be better able to get at this root cause even if you and your doctor never figure out what this root cause is.
Fenugreek to the rescue
Fenugreek is a common feature of Indian Ayurvedic medicine as well as Indian cuisine but it is also widely used in other parts of the world including the U.S.
As a herbal remedy, fenugreek is commonly recommended to treat the following health conditions;
- Diabetes – fenugreek contains a type of soluble fiber which slows down digestion which is actually the best way to regulate blood sugar levels and prevent blood sugar spikes.
- Weight loss – This soluble fiber also helps to fill you up sooner which will prevent you from overeating and gaining weight. As you eat less because of this fiber, weight loss shall result. If you are a diabetic who is overweight, fenugreek will help you kill two birds with one stop – weight loss and blood sugar management.
- Wounds – This soluble fiber found in this herb can help to soothe minor wounds.
- Arthritis – Fenugreek contains mild anti-inflammatory properties which can help to treat arthritis and other inflammatory conditions.
- Sore throat – the soluble fiber can help to soothe sore throats.
- High cholesterol – Consuming fenugreek seeds can help to reduce blood cholesterol by preventing its absorption into your intestines as well as being able to elevate bile secretion. Cholesterol is a part of bile.
- Women’s health issues – Fenugreek contains phytoestrogens which are similar to but less potent than the estrogen produced by the female body. These phyto (plant) estrogens can therefore help with various female health issues. Fenugreek can also help increase milk production in nursing mothers and the sprouts are commonly used as a natural breast enlargement method.
Fenugreek for tinnitus
Certain types of tinnitus are caused by blood circulation problems. High cholesterol levels can block blood circulation in the arteries which prevents oxygen from getting to various areas of the body including the nerves in the neck and ears which can increase the risk of developing tinnitus.
One of the best ways on how to fix tinnitus is to improve blood circulation in the ears and fenugreek through its action on blood cholesterol levels and blood pressure can help to stop the ringing in your ears.
Using fenugreek for tinnitus
There are various ways to use fenugreek to stop tinnitus by improving blood circulation. Homemade preparations will have a bitter, maple flavored taste. You can add lemon or honey to improve the taste.
- Drink organic fenugreek tea preparations 3 times a day.
- You can make you own fenugreek tea as a method on how to fix tinnitus by steeping 2 teaspoons of crushed fenugreek seeds in a cup of water and allowing this to simmer for 10 minutes before straining. Drink up to 3 cups of this daily.
- You can use a fenugreek tincture by taking ¼ to ½ teaspoon 3 times a day.
To deal with high blood pressure, soak 4 teaspoons of fresh fenugreek seeks in half a liter of water overnight and drink the water 2 to 3 cups the next day. You must make a fresh overnight preparation each night. Do not save any but finish each preparation the next day and throw away any remainder.
Fenugreek seeds are generally safe but you may want to avoid using fenugreek if;
- You are a man trying to reduce the amount of estrogen in your body which may cause you to have less bodily hair, a high pitched voice, hips, breasts, etc. (Both men and women have estrogen in their bodies with women having more than men obviously).
- You are pregnant, fenugreek may stimulate your uterus too much.
- You develop an allergic reaction to fenugreek
While fenugreek is certainly one of the top recommended ways on how to fix tinnitus, it may not work for many other types of tinnitus that are not the result of blood circulation problems.
If this is the case for you, another of the best ways on how to fix tinnitus is to follow the guidance set forth in the Tinnitus Miracle guide which is a holistic method to get at the root cause of tinnitus whatever it may be in order to get rid of the sounds in your ear and prevent them from returning. For more on this bestselling holistic guide, click here.