More and more people are turning to various alternative health practices to address various health issues because they are effective and homeopathy is one of them. Is there a homeopathic cure for tinnitus or should you look elsewhere?
The honest answer is that finding effective treatment for tinnitus can be challenging because this condition is not very well understood and treating it is notoriously difficult which means that you need to try any and everything. So you should definitely look into testing out any homeopathic remedy for ringing in ears and there are a few that are commonly recommended which are discussed below.
But first, what is homeopathy?
Homeopathy believes that any sickness or disease is a sign that the body is trying to restore itself to a balanced position and is not considered unhealthy. Homeopathic remedies are therefore used as an attempt to challenge the body’s defenses so that the body’s ability to heal itself is stimulated and rises to the occasion and heals itself.
Homeopathic remedies used are based upon the law of “similars” (like cures like) which means that the substances used to create the remedy in order to help the body defend itself against any disease are those which would produce symptoms similar to that disease you are dealing with when used in large quantities.
But these substances used to make the remedies are diluted to such an extent that it may be impossible to detect even with the most sensitive test what the original substance used to create the homeopathic remedy was.
This is one of the reasons that many doctors are on the fence about whether homeopathy is able to treat any disease or condition because there is no theory or mechanism that they can use in order to explain why homeopathy should work and as a consumer or patient, there is no way to determine whether the remedy you are purchasing is what the remedy claims it is. But because the substances used are so diluted, a patient can trust that they will not be harmed in any way once they take this remedy.
These diluted remedies contain ingredients that are made from plant, mineral or animal sources. These homeopathic remedies are created so that the “vital force” or “healing force” which is said to be present in the body, can be stimulated and healing start to occur.
This force is said to help maintain the health of the body or heal the body of any disease or symptom that is standing in the way of health and well-being making this approach an important alternative health practice to consider if you are considering curing tinnitus the natural way.
If you are looking for a homeopathic remedy for ringing in ears, it is important to remember that homeopathy is generally designed to be customized to each patient after a thorough discussion with a practitioner going over every aspect of your life and health.
It is important to remember that it is preferable that the homeopathic remedy you use is tailored to your specific needs. However, there are a few homeopathic remedies that are commonly recommended for ringing in ears including but not limited to the following;
- Salicylicum acidum/salicylic acid – If you deal with loud ringing in ears this homeopathic remedy for ringing in ears is commonly recommended. This remedy is best especially if you are also dealing with vertigo, loss of hearing, Meniere’s disease and even if your tinnitus is the result of using certain medications such as aspirin.
- Kali iod – This is another of the most popular remedies for ringing in ears.
- Lycopodium – This is not only recommended for ringing in ears but also for humming, roaring, rushing and other sounds commonly associated with tinnitus.
- Mug carb – This remedy in addition to being used for ringing in ears is also great for buzzing, roaring and whizzing sounds.
- Petroleum – This is also used to make remedies for ringing in ears.
- Carbo vegetabilis – This remedy is commonly used for ringing in ears which results during or after you have had the flu or other health issues involving nausea, vertigo, etc.
- China – This is used for ringing or humming in the ears.
- Chininum sulfuricum – This is another remedy recommended for ringing in the ears.
- Natrum salicylicum – This remedy is commonly recommended when the ringing in your ears is comparable to a low, dull hum in your ears.
The above are just a few common homeopathic remedies for ringing in ears but there are many more for not only ringing in ears but also other sounds that can be produced by tinnitus. As always it is best to take them under the guidance of a practitioner and when you are actually experiencing the various symptoms of tinnitus.
Take these remedies for up to two weeks and if your symptoms do not improve during this time, you need to see a qualified practitioner.
If you are looking for a homeopathic remedy for ringing in ears, you can use any of the above but you may also want to try Tinnitus Control. This includes various homeopathic remedies that have been shown to be effective for tinnitus treatment. Find out more about this bestselling remedy here.