The health benefits of plantains are immense and they are considered in some circles especially in alternative health circles as an effective natural tinnitus treatment method. Can plantains work to quiet the annoying and sometimes debilitating ringing and other sounds produced by tinnitus? Let us have a look at this food that looks like a banana but is not a banana although they are sometimes called “cooking bananas” because they are usually only be eaten cooked and not raw like bananas.
Better than bananas
The taste, the nutrient content as well as the fact that you cannot eat them raw differentiate them from bananas. While bananas are touted for their high potassium count, this count is nothing compared to level of potassium contained in plantains. This means that the very high content of potassium found in plantains can help with matters of the heart such as;
- Lowering high blood pressure
- Preventing heart disease, heart attack and strokes
- Reduce high cholesterol levels
Other health benefits of eating plantains include but are not limited to;
- Boosting your immunity with just one cup of sliced plantains so that your immune system is better able to fight off various diseases and conditions.
- Can be a major tool on a weight management or weight loss regimen because a cup of plantains gives you about 5 grams of fiber which helps to fill you up quicker and keeps hunger pangs at bay which prevents overeating. Plantains also contain very few calories making them the perfect weight loss food.
- Though it is unknown how they do it, plantains can help to heal ulcers and prevent ulcers from developing in the first place.
Plantains can work as a natural tinnitus treatment in various ways. As mentioned previously, plantains can help to lower blood pressure which can be beneficial for certain types of tinnitus (pulsatile tinnitus) which result from poor blood circulation problems. The many benefits of the potassium in plantains can help to improve you heart condition (keep arteries plaque free, lower cholesterol, prevent heart attacks, strokes, etc) all of which can help improve blood circulation.
With improved blood circulation, the ringing in your ears may dissipate making plantains important as a natural tinnitus treatment method. This is because tinnitus is considered to be a symptom of something that is wrong in the body and is not considered a disease and poor blood circulation can be the root cause of the ringing.
Something that is wrong in your body can also be difficult to determine and consuming plantains can be a way of getting at this unknown cause because of the many benefits of the vitamins and minerals contained in plantains. Improved health through consuming various nutrient rich foods such as plantains can eliminate tinnitus indirectly.
- As part of a healthy diet, consuming plantains can give your body the nutrients that it needs to improve and maintain optimal health and well-being which can help eliminate the root cause of tinnitus (this “something wrong in the body” that needs to be fixed). Do not discount the benefits of improving your general health and well-being when you are fighting tinnitus!
- Another natural tinnitus treatment way of using plantains is to mush up the plantain and combine two tablespoons of the mush with a cup of water and drinking this three times a day for about 6 weeks (natural remedies do take time so be patient).
- You can also soak a cotton ball in this water and place this in your ear for about 5 minutes before discarding.
These are just a few tips on using plantains as a natural tinnitus treatment. To get the best plantains for natural healing, only use those that are green and unripe and avoid those that are black or ripe yellow.
For more complete natural tinnitus treatment tips, the 5-Step Tinnitus Miracle guide is what you need to help get rid of tinnitus and prevent its return. Find out more about this bestselling holistic guide here.