Passionflower is a healing herb that has been used for thousands of years and is one of the methods commonly recommended on how to control tinnitus naturally. It is also known as apricot vine, maypop and water lemon and it is the flowers and leaves that are used for the natural treatment of various diseases and conditions including tinnitus.
Some of the common uses of passionflower include;
- For the treatment of various women’s health issues because this herbs helps to relax the muscles of the uterus as well as its use as a natural remedy for various menstrual discomforts.
- Passionflower is able to relax the smooth muscle lining of the digestive tract helping to make this herb a natural remedy for various digestive problems.
- Passionflower can help with the healing of wounds by killing disease causing bacteria, fungi and mold. It can also help relieve the pain associated with having wounds.
Passionflower and tinnitus
While passionflower is not used to eliminate tinnitus exactly, it is one of the best natural methods on how to control tinnitus naturally because it deals with some of the effects that can be brought about by never-ending tinnitus.
Stress, anxiety and insomnia are common results of dealing with moderate to severe tinnitus. You can only imagine what it must be like to hear constant noises in your ears. While chronic stress is one of the risk factors for the development of tinnitus, you can also be stressed out from dealing with tinnitus as it can affect all areas of your life and impact your concentration, sleep patterns, emotional well-being, etc.
In order to deal with the stress, anxiety and insomnia that may be brought about by tinnitus, passionflower may be able to help. So if you are dealing with these issues, this herb may be the best method on how to control tinnitus naturally that you should consider.
Passionflower contains compounds that have mild tranquilizing and sedative actions as has been supported by various studies in Europe. This herb has been approved in many European countries as a remedy for nervousness and restlessness. If you are stressed, anxious and suffer from insomnia, passionflower may be able to help and it comes with none of the side effects of various pharmaceuticals that may be recommended.
Using passionflower for tinnitus
In order to soothe your nerves and reduce your stress and anxiety levels as well as help you sleep better, mix about one teaspoon of dried passionflower in a cup of boiling water. Let this steep for about 15 minutes before straining. Drink this at night just before bed. This will help you relax or calm down and even fall asleep. This herb is extremely beneficial for tinnitus sufferers who have a hard time falling asleep because of the constant ringing in their ears which can seem even louder late at night.
While passionflower is one of the best methods on how to control tinnitus naturally, there are some safety precautions you should adhere to such as;
- Be careful of the passionflower that you use. The label should state that it is incarnate. Ornamental blue passionflower (Passiflora caerulea) contains a poison but P. incarnate does not and is safe to use.
- Some compounds in passionflower are uterine stimulants so this herb should be avoided by pregnant women.
- Nursing mothers should also avoid this herb.
- Children under 2 years old should not be given this flower and use low doses for the elderly.
- An allergic reaction may develop. If it does, stop using this herb or lower the dosage.
These are just a few tips on how to control tinnitus with passionflower. While the sounds may not go away, your awareness of them may be lessened especially at night. Because it is a mild sedative, tranquillizer, only use it at night before bed.
For a holistic method that goes beyond simply how to control tinnitus and actually tries to get to the root cause in order to eliminate it and prevent tinnitus from returning, Tinnitus Miracle is your answer. Find out more about this holistic guide here.