If your ears are ringing, hissing, roaring, etc, constantly, it can significantly impact your quality of life especially your ability to concentrate and to sleep soundly. There are many natural remedies for tinnitus that may be effective for some sufferers. One of the best natural cures for this affliction is ginkgo biloba which is derived from traditional Chinese medicine (TCM).
What is Ginkgo Biloba?
Also known as maidenhair tree, the leaves have been used in TCM as a healing herb for many centuries. This is considered a sacred tree that is commonly found around Buddhist temples.
The reason that ginkgo biloba is no longer only used in TCM is that modern medicine has discovered that this herb contains the following two properties making it a great healing herb;
1. It features antioxidants (ginkgo flavones glycosides and terpene lactones) which help to reverse and prevent cell damage that is at the root of many degenerative conditions that result from the aging process such as Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, certain cancers, etc.
2. Ginkgo is also able to stop or decrease the activity of the body’s platelet activation factor (PAF) that is usually present in many processes of the body such as asthma attacks, blood clots, heart attack and stroke, the body’s rejection of a transplanted organ, etc.
Health Benefits of Ginkgo Biloba
This herb is commonly used as a natural remedy for many diseases and conditions including the following;
- Alzheimer’s disease and dementia as many studies have shown that study participants with Alzheimer’s who were given this herb were able to retain more of their mental abilities than those who were given a placebo.
- Heart disease by improving blood flow through both the brain and heart muscle. It also helps to prevent blood clots that could lead to heart attacks and stroke.
- Macular degeneration that leads to adult blindness can be prevented and eyesight improved from taking ginkgo.
- Diabetic retinopathy which also causes adult blindness can be prevented by this herb.
- Erectile dysfunction and anti-depressant related issues can be alleviated by this herb.
- Anxiety can be relieved by ginkgo.
- Mental function can be improved and so on and so forth.
Ginkgo Biloba and Tinnitus
1. Cochlear deafness
Hearing loss is one of the key factors that can increase your risk of developing tinnitus. Deafness can result from damage to the cochlear which is the inner part of the ear that translates external sounds received into electrical signals that are then understood by the brain.
Cochlear damage and the deafness that may result may lead to tinnitus. Many researchers believe that decreased blood flow to the nerves important for hearing is the cause of cochlear deafness. Ginkgo excels at improving blood flow and has been effective for many sufferers of cochlear deafness.
If your ears are ringing due to tinnitus resulting from cochlear deafness, you should give this herb a try. To buy organic gingko biloba, click here.
2. Chronic Ringing in Ears
If your ears are ringing and it is unrelated to cochlear damage, ginkgo may still be able to help. Various studies have shown that patients with chronic tinnitus showed improvements after taking this herb.
However, since like most treatments for tinnitus – what may work for one may not work for another and vice versa – many studies have also shown that this herb has no effect on tinnitus symptoms. Still, it doesn’t hurt to try ginkgo and see whether it shall work for you especially since ginkgo does help to improve circulation.
Adding zinc has also been shown to improve the activity of ginkgo biloba so this is something to consider as well.
For more natural remedies if your ears are ringing, hissing, clicking, etc, this 5-Step natural method to cure and prevent tinnitus may be the solution you need. Click here to find out more about this natural treatment that may help you get your life back.